Programming Director, AOL Travel
Develop and manage the strategic vision and editorial voice for AOL Travel original content. Enhance consumer experience via original features and serial programming. Manage and cultivate freelance writing staff to perform day-to-day editorial and programming activities. Manage and identify partner content sources and negotiate agreements. Monitor effectiveness and optimize content to meet core business goals of experience and revenue.
- Develop yearly editorial calendar responsible for driving advertising and performance revenue
- Create assignments and manage freelance staff in the creation of regular travel content
- Work with 6-8 content partners to license content and integrate into site
- Key category interface with Network, Marketing, Publishing and Development
- Provide programming and content requirements for design and UI for all new products or enhancements
- Develop special travel content packages with sales and advertising manager to drive new revenue opportunities
- Continually optimize content & experience through new editorial and products
- Primary user and expert on publishing platforms for data, editorial and video
- Stay up to date on latest Content Management System upgrades and tools and develops best practices to increase efficiencies and productivity within CMS environment
- Monitor traffic patterns and provide insights related to programming and network promotion
- Cultivate & foster an online community of users, developing an experience that encourages & allows them to produce user submitted content as well as engage in Commerce/Marketplace channels
Please contact Beth Caulfield (email@example.com ) if you know of anyone who may be a fit for this opportunity!